Drug Recognition Training for Custody Nurses
A short course designed to benefit custody nurses who will come into contact with detainees at the police station/custody centre who may on first impression be under the influence of illicit, over the counter, or prescribed drugs.
While recognising that some training may have been given to such personnel, it may be diffcult in some circumstances to identify whether a person is ill or under the influence of a substance.
To provide relevant personnel with the skills and knowledge to recognise the symptoms and signs of a person under the influence of illicit drugs.
By the end of the session the delegate will be better able to:
- Summarise and assess how drug influence recognition is used to detect signs and symptoms indicative of drug impairment
- Identify and describe the seven categories of drug
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the onset and duration of the effects of illicit drugs
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the signs of overdose of each category of drug
- Compare and Contrast the use of a single drug against poly drug use
Course Duration and delegate numbers
Duration: 2 Days
Numbers: Min 6 – Max 15
Cost: on application
Location: This course can be run at a location specified by the client or determined by BKC as appropriate
- Custody Nurses
- Police Custody Officers
- Police Custody Staff
- Other Custody Centre Staff.